Travel Tips (travel tips, packaging tips, travel checklist, packing list, do's and don'ts)
General Travel Tips
|Its a general travel guide/advice to ensure that you have a pleasant time
on your holiday and throughout your travel in India. These travel tips are
the extract of our own and other travellers experiences during their stay
and travel in India. If you too have something to contribute to this exaustive
list of travel tips, please do contact us or send your tips through email
- Carry your passport, other travel documents and your money separately.
You don't want to lose them all together.
- Place a photocopy of your passport in each and every checked-in bag
that you give at the airport. Helps in case you lose your luggage.
- Keep extra photocopies of the relevant pages of your passport. This
is needed for Indian permits.
- If you order mineral water in a restaurant, make sure the bottle is
unsealed at the table.
- Never travel without mosquito repellents and other essential medicines.
- It is a good idea to carry locks for your bags and suitcases. Try
to keep your clothes flat and avoid carrying too many fragile goods
that will be left at the mercy of careless luggage handlers.
- Label your entire luggage and even try to carry an extra set of labels
- Carry an extra set of lock and keys, just in case.
- It's not a good idea to travel with too much cash. Travellers' cheques
- Don't use new shoes, however comfortable they may seem.
- Try not to store liquids in a bottle in any of your bags. If you must,
seal the mouth with white hospital tape.
- Pack empty plastic ziplock bags to separate soiled clothes from the
rest, especially if you're travelling to a rainy destination.
- Ensure that your luggage is waterproof.
- Confirm, reconfirm, confirm once again. (Your plane/train/travelling
tickets, that is)
- If travelling in the monsoon, carry a raincoat and umbrella.
- Make a list of all your personal medicines that you are carrying with
you. Carry the list with you wherever you go.
- Carry your own water bottle. This should be within arm's length at
all times. It'll save you the problem of drinking unsafe water whenever
you are thirsty.
- Many women travellers prefer to carry a high pitched whistle that
would scare away stalkers.
- Women who are travelling alone should not admit they are travelling
- When asking for directions, ask shopkeepers, not pedestrians. Check
with at least two persons or more.
- Make a list of all the things you forgot while travelling and use
the list before your next trip.
- If you are traveling with kids make sure that they remember the name
of hotel and place where you have stayed and also there home address
and phone numbers. If they are not big enough to remember these things
put a slip with all these information in there pocket or somewhere else
like in a chain etc.
List of travel tips
If you have any travel tips, which you like to share with other travellers, please do send us. We'll be pleased to include your travel tips and experiences in our travel tips and checklists.
If you could not find the information you were looking for;
you can search the site & web with google powered tool.
Or can always write to us.